- Don't forget to pack pajamas. Hotel rooms are always either too warm or too cold, so choose pajamas that are comfortable in any weather.
- Don't overdo it with your jewelry. Leave your good jewelry at home so it won't get lost or stolen. A simple necklace will work just fine and will give you a pretty look without making you look overdone. You can plan on wearing more jewelry if you're going someplace fancy, like the opera or a four-star restaraunt.
- Scarves are cute, but they'll get annoying when traveling in hot places. Save them for winter trips.
- Pack a cute, modest swimsuit. If you're going on a cruise, even in cool weather, you'll want to have one on hand. Hotels often have indoor pools, so you should make a point of packing one just in case.
- A camera is always a must.
- You should keep your makeup light during travel, especially if you're going someplace hot. Hours of driving or flying can really take a toll on how you feel, and having layers of heavy makeup will make you feel even worse. Mascara, lip balm, and compact powder and a little pink blush should work well, keeping your skin fresh and non-oily, as well as softening your lips, defining your eyes, and giving you a warm glow. Sweeping a little blush across your cheeks will make you look less tired. Waterproof mascara, though notorious for drying out your lashes, would be a good idea. Keep your makeup in a makeup bag and any liquids should be slipped into plastic bags in case they break. If you're traveling by plane, paying the carry-on luggage fee will ensure that your luggage doesn't get thrown around, causing makeup bottles to crack and leak.
- Be sure to bring any toiletries you'll need. Sunblock is a must if you'll be spending any time outside. (For a little blemish-coverage, try a tinted sunblock with an SPF of at least 15.)
Going on a plane ride? Check out Melissa Renee's guide on what to wear to an airport.