Your skin is one of the most sensitive organs in your body. When your body is under-nourished or dehydrated, it draws out the moisture in your skin, giving you a dull, tired look. You can cover it up with tons of makeup, but the best way to get beautiful skin is to have healthy habits.
- Exfoliate. Use a gentle scrub 1-3 times a week to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal smoother skin. You can make your own at home by combining honey and sugar and gently massaging it into your skin, or make an easy lemon sugar scrub.
- Don't skip the sunblock. Not only will an oil-free sunscreen protect your skin, but it will also give you a fresh, dewy glow.
- Splash away! Splash your face with cold water 10 times in the morning to wake you up and perk up your pores.
- Fake a tan. Sweep bronzer over your cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin for a sun-kissed look.
- Stay healthy. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables will make skin bright and promote healing, while drinking lots of water will flush our impurities. If you're not sure exactly what food will supercharge your skin, check out our quick guide.
- Moisturize. Use a light oil-free moisturizer on your skin each day. If you have dry skin, use a cleanser, then smooth olive oil over your pores before you go to bed. It won't clog your pores, but it will give you a dewy complexion even after you wash it off the next morning.
bonus tip!Make your own nourishing face mask! Cleanse your skin, then mash a banana and apply to your face. Click around on the blog for about 20 minutes, then rinse. Repeat once a week. Say hello to super soft skin!
Looking for a dewy foundation? Check out our guide to see what makeup is right for you.