15.10.09

Living Life

I know you've read all kinds of books about some of the stuff I tell you on this blog, but I want to be totally honest with you. I understand what you're going through. I understand how your brain works. Why? I am a fourteen year old 100 pound brunette who wears size 1 jeans and less-than-perfect skin. I am not a beauty queen. I am not an older person (or a guy) trying to tell you about how you think. I am a real girl in a real world. I like belts at my waist and mood rings. I like black nails but I'm not goth. I love spaghetti (in fact, I ate that for dinner tonight). I like clothes that show of my figure without showing off too much skin. I sometimes lose sight of what's important, just like you. Sometimes (OK, a LOT of times) God feels distant, but I know He's there. I wear size 8 shoes and am not happy about that fact. I have big dreams but I'm not exactly sure how to get where I want to be. I am not who I would like to be...but at the same time, I am content with myself for the most part. I love fashion and have a great sense of style, but sometimes I ask my mom if something looks too bold (it's hard for me to remember that runway fashion is NOT wearable.)
I've read tons of great books buy older women and even guys who have a lot of cool things to say about teen girls. But I want you to know that I am learning to live and to love with you. Most of you are my age, so I'm usually not giving "big sister" advice. I'm just sharing with you what's going on with ME, and I want to know what's up with YOU. I want you to know that I want to invest in your lives and grow up with you. We can swap style secrets, beauty bites, and faith facts. But most of all, we can live life together. Because that's what being a girl is all about.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Share your thoughts with other teen girls and young women just like you. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I promise to respond! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...