5.11.12

6 Must-Have Fall Makeup Essentials

 
Simplify (or enhance!) your makeup routine this season with my six favorite makeup essentials to help you look your best this fall. (Bonus: grab the best products, without the guesswork.)



1. A dewy foundation will give you a healthy complexion as your skin adjusts to the changing weather. If you have good skin, trade foundation out for a BB cream -- not only does it blur imperfections, but it moisturizes your skin.
I use Maybelline Dream Fresh BB.


2. Dust bronzer over your face to create a faux glow reminiscent of last summer's tan. Focus on areas where the sun would naturally warm your face: your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
I'm loving Clinique Almond Blossom All-Over Color.

3. A pretty blush is a must for rosy cheeks and keeps you from looking washed out. Smile, then apply to where your cheeks are fattest.

4. Mascara is a must for any look.
My favorites? Maybelline One by One, Maybelline Mega Plush, and Clinique High Lengths.

5. Eyeliner isn't neccessary, but it definitely defines your eyes. Try classic black, cozy brown, or deep plum.
The best $3 eyeliner ever? ELF Cream Eyeliner.

6. Lipstick can pull any look together. This season, try something unexpected. A classic cherry pout is super sophisticated, while a pretty berry is universally flattering.


What are your must-have makeup products?

6 comments :

  1. Aah, I really need to get some makeup. This is helpful for knowing what I need but I've always wondered how you know what shade you need!
    thanks :)
    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda,

    For foundation, you can test the product on your hand (not palm). This skin is similar to the skin on your face. You can also test foundation on the edge of your jaw. Choose the shade that disappears into your skin.

    As for other products, the colors are up to you, keeping in mind that some colors work for some skin tones and may not work for you, or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi =) I love your blog & especially this post! I love wearing makeup and you always give heaps of cool tips =P Anyways, I have a bit of a question. How do I know if I am wearing TOO much makeup??? I don't want to look fake =S please help! =) and thank uuuuu! =) thnx so much for the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Makeup is meant to enhance your natural features, not cover them. There's no "rules" about what's too much and what's fine; it's different for everyone. I have acne scars, so I wear full foundation, but if you have good skin, you don't need that and can stick to a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. I have dark lashes and big eyes so I don't need a ton of eye makeup, but you might wear some to make your eyes more prominent. It's all about taking what you have and working with that.

      Delete
  4. What colors would you suggest for brown eyes and dark blonde hair with tan skin because I've tried olive colors and it just doesn't look right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could always go for black, navy, or plum eyeliner. As for eyeshadows, try a shimmery taupe -- it's brown, but has cooler undertones, so it should balance your coloring. You could also try purple eyeshadows for a bolder look. I do think your coloring looks best with natural makeup, though! :)

      Delete

Got something to say? Share your thoughts with other teen girls and young women just like you. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I promise to respond! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...